Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My WONDERFUL Husband

After a long day at work (beginning of open enrollment for health benefits) and a bit of a frustrating day with Nathan, I finally pulled out of the office parking lot at 5:55. I called Trey, almost in tears, and said, "If there was ever a time I wanted to run away, it would be now." I made it home at 6:50 - nothing like an hour long drive home with an infant, toddler, and the sound of Elmo. Anyway, I walked in the door and Trey said, "You've got 30 minutes for yourself." Knowing what it takes to get everyone fed, bathed, and in bed in the evenings, I said, "No" and was going to help him. Trey led me to our bathroom and said again, "You have 30 minutes for yourself." He had filled the tub, lit a candle, and poured me a glass of wine. When I least expect it, he surprises me. He's more than I could ask for in a husband and friend.

3 comments:

JennInAustin said...

Wow!!!!! What an awesome guy!

Doctoman said...

Could be the pregnancy hormones but this post made me cry! A keeper for sure!

Lynn said...

What a guy! That is so sweet! Does he give lessons?? ha ha